How Can We Help?
Mobile Token with Google Authenticator
Follow the steps below to quickly configure Google Authenticator as a client for the mobile token option for zMFA.
- Login to zGateway Management Console and navigate to AUTH MANAGEMENT > zMFA Policy
- Click Add button
- To configure the new zMFA policy, setup the following options:
- Add a name for the policy in the textbox for zMFA Policy Name
- Select zGateway option from zMFA Policy Type dropdown
- Select your authentication server and choose either users or groups from your Active Directory
- Ensure the radio button for Enable Two Factor Authentication is chosen and then make sure the checkbox for Mobile Token is enabled
- Click Submit button
- Next, navigate to AUTH MANAGEMENT > User Profiles
- Click on the user you would like to enable Google Authenticator on.
- Click on Activate under Tokens > Mobile Token
- Have the user either scan the QR code with their Google Authenticator app on their phone or provide them with code for them to input manually into Google Authenticator app
- Once the user has successfully added zGateway to their Google Authenticator app, they will need to provide the 6 digit code that is shown for zGateway. Be sure you input the code in the zMFA Passcode textbox before the code expires in the user’s app.
- User should now be prompted for MFA when logging in to zGateway.