For upgrading any production or evaluation deployment, contact SnapVDI Team for assistance and feasibility to upgrade.
The Upgrade installation flow will only be enabled when admin has installed an older version of SnapVDI zPortal Controller and then runs a newer installer on the same system. The installer will detect the existing installation and will run in maintenance mode with the Upgrade, Add New Components and Uninstall operations enabled and Repair operation disabled.
Add New Components option can be used to install zPortal Session Host Server role on the existing installation of zPortal. Please refer section Add New Components for detailed steps.
Admin can follow the below steps to upgrade the existing SnapVDI zPortal Controller setup.
Upgrading Components of zPortal Controller
- Add New Components
- Upgrade (Disabled if running same installer setup, enabled if running newer installer)
- Repair (Enabled if running same installer setup, disabled if running newer installer)
- Select option Upgrade and click on Next button.
- The next screen provides the option to choose the component to be upgraded. Select one or more components and click on Next button.
- The next screen is for configuring the Service Logon Credentials (Account information with which SnapVDI zPortal Controller service will run). Provide appropriate details and click on Next button to proceed.
- Please skip the Restore Database screen by clicking on Next button as upgrade with database restore is not yet supported.
- On next screen, admin will be able to re-configure the port for the existing installation during upgrade. To change the ports, insert new port values or leave settings as they are to keep the same ports and click on Next button.
- Confirm the operation by clicking on Upgrade button.
- Admin will be navigated to the screen with information of upgrade operation progress along with relevant messages. Wait for upgrade operation to be completed.
- Once upgrade is completed, admin will be navigated to the last page, which will consist of the status of the individual components and the link to navigate to the Management Console.
Upgrading zPortal Session Host Server
zPortal Session Host Server upgrade uses same approach as Controller upgrade and is very easy to perform.
Session Host Server setup installs RDP extensions, upgrade might fail if active remote desktop sessions are running.
- Log-in to Windows Server as a user with administrative rights.
- Copy the SnapVDI zPortal Controller installation setup or independent zPortal Session Host Server setup on Windows server to be configured with zPortal Session Host server role.
- Launch the Installation wizard by right click on the installer and select option Run as Administrator, wait for Setup Wizard to initiate.
- Select option Upgrade and click on Next button
- Administrator will be navigated to confirmation screen displaying the components being upgraded.
- Click Upgrade button to proceed.
- All zPortal Session Host Server components will be upgraded, and user will be displayed with Success screen, click on Close button to dismiss the setup.