Electronic waste, or e-waste, is a term for electronic products that have become unwanted, non-working or obsolete, and have essentially reached the end of their useful life.
As per E-waste Rule 2016, the E waste defined as ‘electrical and electronic equipment, whole or in part discarded as waste by the consumer or bulk consumer as well as rejects from manufacturing, refurbishment and repair processes.
E-waste contains many valuable, recoverable materials such as aluminium, copper, gold, silver, plastics, and ferrous metals. In order to conserve natural resources and the energy needed to produce new electronic equipment from virgin resources, electronic equipment can be refurbished, reused, and recycled instead of being land-filled.
E-waste also contains toxic and hazardous materials including mercury, lead, cadmium, beryllium, chromium, and chemical flame retardants, which have the potential to leach into our soil and water.
Benefits of E-waste Recycling
Electronics Recycling Conserves Natural Resources:
There are many materials that can be recovered from old electronics. These materials can be used to make new products, thus reducing the need to mine for new raw materials. For instance, various metals can be recovered from computer circuit boards and other electronics, and the plastics and glass found in computer monitors and televisions can be recycled.
Electronics Recycling Supports the Community:
Donating your old electronics plays an important role in the provision of refurbished products such as computers and mobile phones, which can be of great help to low-income families, schools, and not-for- profit organizations. It also helps individuals gain access to technology that they could not have otherwise afforded.
Electronics Recycling Creates Employment Locally:
Considering that around 90 percent of electronic equipment is recyclable, electronics recycling can play a significant role in creating employment. This is because new firms dealing with electronics recycling will form and existing firms will look to employ more people to recover recyclable materials. This can be triggered by the increase in the demand for electronics recycling.
Electronics Recycling Helps Protect Public Health and the Environment
Many electronics have toxic or hazardous materials such as mercury and lead, which can be harmful to the environment if disposed of in trashcans. Reusing and recycling electronics safely helps in keeping the hazardous materials from harming humans or the environment. For example, televisions and computer monitors are hazardous since they have lead in them. Printed circuit boards contain harmful materials such as cadmium, lead, mercury and chromium. Also, batteries in computers and other electronics may contain hazardous materials such as cadmium, mercury and lead.
Instead of keeping old electronics in the house or dumping them in landfills, recycling or reusing them is an appropriate option that should be supported by individuals and organizations. Considering the benefits of electronics recycling, it is very important that people in various parts around the world embrace this concept.
- Creates Jobs: E-waste recycling creates new jobs for professional recyclers and creates a second market for the recycled
Collection Mechanism of e-waste
The company had planned to adopt the Buy-back Scheme:
- Under Buy back Scheme, in cases where the customer wants to discard their old product, they may call at the Toll-Free number (1800-1023-843) and our representatives shall approach to the customer and buy the said discarded product from the customer and in
- The Customer shall also be free to deposit the discarded product at the nearest collection point and he will get the discount voucher and shall be eligible for the discount on purchase of selected new product of the The company will coordinate with other independent vendors who may sale the e- waste/EOL product collected by them.
- The Company will furthermore elaborate its scheme and shall keep updating the same based on the experience faced while implementing the said schemes on a quarterly basis.
Direct Collection from Customer’s premises
- For collection of e-waste The Company has setup toll free number where any customer may call and register itself for either depositing its old product as free of cost or otherwise under buy-back programme initiated by company. The company shall give its toll free number on their product manuals, website, and social networking platforms and at its various connected premises for its customer information for disposal of their e-waste. The customer can directly call on these numbers and the e-waste will be directly collected by the company or by its recycler partner. The company has recycler partner who has manage logistic service through PROFESSIONAL LOGISTICS PVT LTD available at most of the locations at its collection
Recycling of E-waste
- The Company has tied -up with the M/s OZONE WASTE LLP for collection of all our E-waste on PAN India and disposes the same at their plant at C-25, UPSIDC, M.G. Road, Industrial Area Hapur, Hapur, Uttar Pradesh, 245101 and the waste sent to recycling partner for the further process of recycling M/s Hayat E-Recycler PVT LTD which is the recycler and tie with Ozone Waste LLP for further processing having its recycling unit at Plot No. F-53-54, M.G. Road Industrial Area Hapur, Hapur, 245104, Hapur, India. Customer can reach or call on 1800-1023-843. Our representatives explain them about process of disposal and make them aware about nearest drop point available to drop the e-waste also give information about incentive we will offer to them against their end of life product. If any customer wants to handover the material from their door steps, we do send either our logistics team or E-waste Solutions team to collect the items and channelize the same to our e-waste partner plant for final processing.
Do’s & Don’ts
- Always look for information on the catalogue with your product for end-of-life equipment
- Ensure that only Authorized Recyclers/Dismantler handle your electronic products
- Always call at our toll-free No’s to dispose products that have reached end-of life
- Always drop your used electronic products, batteries or any accessories when they reach the end of their life at your nearest Authorized E-Waste Collection
- Always disconnect the battery from product, and ensure any glass surface is protected against
- Do not dismantle your electronic Products on your own
- Do not throw electronics in bins having “Do not dispose “sign.
- Do not give e-waste to informal and unorganized sectors like Local Scrap Dealer/ Rag Pickers.
- Do not dispose your product in garbage bins along with municipal waste that ultimately reaches landfill.
|Logistics Partner||Name & Contact Detail||Branch Exists (Yes/NO)||If Branch change, New Address of Branch|
|1.||New Delhi||New Delhi||Plot No. 619, Block A, Near Tata Telco Service Station, Rangpuri, Mahipalpur, Delhi – 110037||Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. RAJKUMAR POONIA
|2.||Noida||Uttar Pradesh||Bh-122, Sector 70
UP – 201301
|Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. ANUJ POONIA
|YES||Shop No-1 Village SarfabadOpp-Mother Dairy Booth No-833 Sector 73 Noida|
|3.||Lucknow||Uttar Pradesh||S 317, Transport Nagar, Near RTO Office
UP – 226012
|Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. KRISHAN KUMAR
|4.||Mumbai||Maharashtra||Plot No. 92, Gali No. 01, Sector 19C
Navi Mumbai – 400705
|Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. BALWAN SINGH
|5.||Pune||Maharashtra||Plot No. 24, Sector 4, Shikshak Colony
Near Spine City, Moshi Pradhikaran
Maharashtra – 412105
|Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. VED PRAKASH
|6.||Nagpur||Maharashtra||Shop 3 Kachore Complex
Amravati Road, Waddhamna
Maharashtra – 440023
|Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. SANJAY SINGH
|YES||Plot No-91 Adarsh Nagar Katol By Pass Wadi Nagpur-23|
|7.||Chennai||Tamil Nadu||3/27 Sakthi Garden Phase II, Senneerkuppam
Poonamallee, Near Bisleri Water Plant
Tamil Nadu – 600056
|Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. FIROJ KHAN
|8.||Gurugram||Haryana||J-171, New Palam Vihar Phase-1, Gurgaon
Haryana – 122017
|Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. RAJESH
|9.||Hyderabad||Telangana||Shop No. 4, Block-3, 4th Shatter at 179, MPR Estates
Near Old Check Post, Secunderabad
Telangana – 500011
|Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. AJAY
|YES||Plot No-111, JK Nagar QuthbullapurRangaraddy Near Bharat Patrol Pump Hyderabad – 500055|
|10.||Bangalore||Karnataka||No. 43 1st floor 2nd main D.D.U.T.T.L.
Karnataka – 560022
|Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. RATAN LAL
|11.||Mangalore||Karnataka||Opp. Hindustan Lever Ltd. Sultan
|Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. VIKASH
|12.||Raipur||Chattisgarh||Mig 7 Ring Road No-2 Kabir Nagar
|Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. BIJENDER SINGH
|YES||S.No-3 Raja Complex Ring Road No-2 Hirapur Raipur|
|13.||Guwahati||Assam||HN-34, Kundil Nagar BasisthaChariali
Near Parbhat Apartment
Guwahati – 781029
|Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. SISHRAM
|14.||Indore||Madhya Pradesh||284 AS-3 Scheme No-78, Vijay Nagar
|Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. YOGESH
|YES||32, T.T Nagar Behind Kataria Complex Ring Road Dewas Naka Indore-452010|
|15.||Ahmedabad||Gujrat||Shop No D-9, PushpTenament
Behind Mony Hotel, Isanpur
Gujrat – 382443
|Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. SANDEEP
|16.||Patna||Bihar||Dr AK Pandey (IPS) Malyanil
Bihar – 800001
|Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. B.N DASS
|17.||Vishakhapatnam||Andhra Pradesh||Shop No. 5, New GajuwakaOpp. High SchoolRoad
Andhra Pradesh – 530026
|Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. JUGTI
|18.||Kolkata||West Bengal||156 A/73, Northern Park, B.T. Road
WB – 700108
|Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. VINOD KUMAR
|19.||Jamshedpur||Jharkhand||Near Howrah Bridge New Kalimati Road Sakchi
New Kalimati Road Sakchi
Jharkhand – 831001
|Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. NIRAJ
|20.||Bhubaneshwar||Orissa||1st Floor Delta House Rajendra Nagar
|Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. NIHAR MAHAPATRA
|YES||2946/7055 Saptasati Bihar Near Isa Diagnostic PalasuniPandra Bhubaneshwar-751010|
|21.||Chandigarh||Punjab||Shop No. – 15 & 16, Prabhat RoadOpp – Tennis Academy, ZirakpurPunjab – 140603||Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. SANJEEV
|YES||Booth No-42 New Defence Colony Zirakpur Mohali Punjab-140603|
|22.||Jaipur||Rajasthan||81, 200 ft. By Pass
Near Ajmer Road, Heerapura
Rajasthan – 302021
|Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. YOGESH SAHARAN
|23.||Jammu||J&K||SidcoChouk Bari Brahmana Jammu -181133
|Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. DHARAMPAL
|24.||Cochin||Kerala||Door No-84D SPW Road, Vrindavan Ln, Choornikkara, Kochi, Kerala – 683106Cochin
Kochi, Kerala – 683106
|Professional Logistics Pvt. Ltd.||MR. MANISH