How Can We Help?
The uninstall flow will be enabled when system already has an existing installation of AmZetta zPortal Controller and admin re-runs the same or newer installation. To uninstall one or more component admin can follow the below steps.
Uninstall Components of AmZetta zPortal Controller
- Login to Windows Server as a user with administrative rights.
- Copy the AmZetta zPortal Controller installer to your machine.
- Launch the Installation wizard by right-clicking on the installer and select option Run as Administrator.
- AmZetta zPortal Controller installer will open in Maintenance mode if it detects any existing installation is present and provides the following possible operations to user:
- Add New Components
- Upgrade (Disabled if running same installer setup, enabled if running newer installer)
- Repair (Enabled if running same installer setup, disabled if running newer installer)
- Select option Uninstall and click on Next button
- On component selection screen, user can choose from the installed components. Select one or more components to be uninstalled and click on Next button.
- Remove Database option enables administrator to remove database which was created during installation of zPortal Controller.
If the option Remove Database is not checked, then re-installation of zPortal Controller with same database server will use existing database file.
- On next screen, information will be provided for the selected components, click on Uninstall button to confirm the operation.
- The admin will be displayed with un-installation progress and relevant messages during un-installation.
- After the un-installation completion, admin will be navigated to the last screen. This consists of the information of the uninstalled component and respective status of the same. Click on Close button to exit the installation wizard.
zPortal Controller on un-installation does not remove the following Windows roles and features installed to avoid affecting currently logged on users:
- Web Server (IIS): In case of zPortal Controller Management Console un-installation
- Remote Desktop Session Host: In case of un-installation of zPortal Session Host Server